I’m back from maybe the longest break – two weeks! – I’ve ever taken from this blog. I don’t know how refreshed I’m feeling writing-wise, but I can at least put together a list of a few of my favorite things I saw on the internet this week.
1. “Angelina Jolie’s Perfect Game” by Anne Helen Petersen (Buzzfeed)
I loved reading this, especially as a former employee of a certain celebrity weekly.
2. Beverly’s “Honey Do” Video
I’m still obsessed with this song and now am obsessed with the video.
3. “The Case for Reparations” by Ta-Nehisi Coates (The Atlantic)
It took me almost a week to get through this, but I did it and I think everyone else should read it too.
4. “The Food Politics of Pokémon” by Monica Kim (Modern Farmer)
I’m a pretty big Pokémon fan, but this was maybe the weirdest(/best) thing I read all week.
5. “Tiny Islands” by Emma Straub (Medium)
This is an excerpt from Straub’s latest novel, The Vacationers, which I’m very excited to read.