Another week, another edition of Things I Liked This Week, in which I share all the things I liked this week. So, here are some things I liked this week:
1. Wearing my jean jacket
2. Making this Baked Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage and then eating it all week
(Tangentially, I was just reminded of this one time an old co-worker pronounced broccoli rabe “broccoli rob-ay” and I was embarrassed for them but then had to frantically google the proper pronunciation to make sure I wasn’t the person who should be embarrassed about my pronunciation of “broccoli rabe.”)
3. “A Portrait of the Alt-Bro as a Young Dumbass” by Gavin Tomson (The Awl)
This was probably my favorite thing that I read all week.
4. “Exile On North Seventh Street” by Jason Horowitz (New York Times)
There are some really fantastic lines in this profile of Georgia’s ex-president.
5. A bunch of songs, which I’ve collected in one playlist:
6. Everything about the vote for Scottish independence
7. The recipe for Hangman’s Blood
(I’m currently rereading A High Wind in Jamaica.)