I feel like I had about 1 free hour to consume media this week, but somehow I read/watched/listened to enough stuff to make this very short list. I haven’t managed to actually write anything in, um, weeks. Please don’t give up on me! I promise I’ll be back to writing some longer pieces soon. For now, here are five things I liked this week.
1. “A Young Adult Author’s Fantastic Crusade to Defend Literature’s Most Maligned Genre” by Kathleen Hale (Nerve)
2. “It’s Raining” by Irma Thomas
This song felt…appropriate this week. Today, especially.
3. “The Trials of ‘Entertainment Weekly’: One Magazine’s 24 Years of Corporate Torture” by Anne Helen Petersen (The Awl)
4. “For Hire: Dedicated Young Man with Down Syndrome” by Michael Bérubé (Al Jazeera America)
5. “Lean Out: The Dangers for Women Who Negotiate” by Maria Konnikova (The New Yorker)